Hounds win ding-dong battle against the Bell by Dunc, 6th Sep 2011
Only 3 days into the season and the Downs unleashes what you would call ‘typical’ playing conditions – wind, rain and dingy light. Using that there new-fangled technology stuff called ‘Twitter’, Ticko provides (almost) live (not quite) up-to-date commentary!!
Jamaica Bell 2 – 3 Hounds
- Tune in from 6:10pm for minute-by-minute* coverage of Sporting Greyhound v Jamaica Bell (*may not be enough happening for minute-by-minute)
- Most of the team will have arrived in the changing rooms by now and are crippled by pre-match nerves.
- @BabyFaceRedbond is running late. He had another detention for calling his RE teacher a twat.
- Will @ClikChrisParry remain as penalty taker after his miss on Saturday? Will it cost him his place? Teams as soon as we get them…
- First goal scorer odds: Parry 5/2, Cleave 3/1, Little 7/2, Chequer 14/1, Paul 20/1, Williams 250/1, Harvey 5000/1.
- The question on everyone’s lips is “moulded or screw-on?”.
- Just been speaking to match officials, games confirmed as 35 minutes each way.
- “There’s a strong westerly breeze on the Downs tonight which could strongly favour the team attacking the road end” Richard Angwin, BBC News
- Pee-wee Herman confirmed as tonight’s referee.
- Team v Jamaica Bell: Kanaris, Williams, Ford, Fletcher, Moore, Redbond, Bryant, Chequer, Harvey, Parry, Little. Subs; Cleave, McMahon, Paul.
- @n_MAN_Roberts Attendance 3.
- Bryant and Harvey spraying balls around in first 5 mins. Hounds looking to get the ball left early doors.
- Dangerous position for Greyhound to concede a free kick but dealt with it against heavy wind.
- Jamie Moore wins his 4th header in the opposition box of the season.
- Matt Little takes a blow to the face in a penalty area melee.
- Sporting Greyhound 1 (Little) – 0 Jamaica Bell
- Lovely flowing move involving all of the midfield saw Chequer knock the ball to Redbond. Luke took a touch, slid to Little who finished.
- HT Sporting Greyhound 1 – 0 Jamaica Bell
- FT Sporting Greyhound 3 (Little, Harvey, Cleave) – 2 Jamaica Bell (Dave pen., Simon)
Not a bad first effort there by Ticko – he either got bored or perishingly cold at half-time and retreated to the warmth and protection of the pub.
Hounds Man of the Match of the Evening…